The early Gothic hall church, built in the 14th century with a west tower and polygonal choir, was fortied in 1495. The tower receives a wooden defensive cat, as do the choir and nave. While restoration work in the early 19th century demolished the church vaults, which were in danger of collapse, the tower is preserved in its medieval form. Part of the wall was demolished in 1888 to create space for the construction of the school.
The interior is dominated by the three-sided wooden gallery decorated with Baroque paintings and the triptych altar from 1693, above which is the organ built in 1914. In the pulpit there is also an hourglass made of four glass cylinders, which allowed the priest and the congregation to follow the duration of the religious service.